Agri-food residues refers to organic waste that results from the processing and packaging of animal and/or plant products by the agri-food industry.
These wastes can have various uses. The “non-hazardous” parts go into animal feed or for use as a soil amendment, either directly after composting, or after biomethanisation. They can also be used for the production of advanced biofuels(bioethanol). The most contaminated waste will be destroyed by incineration.
A wide variety of wastes:
- Fruit and vegetable peelings leftover from the production of canned foods,frozen foods, sweets, etc.
- Slaughterhouse waste, animal carcasses, skins, bristles, hairs, etc.
- Production waste: broken products, end of production, non-compliant, etc.
- Waste water: water used for washing, rinsing and cleaning of manufacturing tools, etc.
- Waste from stores including damaged products, expired goods, etc.
- Used fats and oils, etc.